International Students

Welcome to the University of Rio Grande’s International Programs homepage! Our Coordinator of International Programs and Services, Eric Yang, is here to provide support and information for both prospective international students and current students. Eric will be working closely with all international students to assist in making cultural and academic transitions as smooth as possible. Please feel free to contact her with any questions you may have about our program. You will find her contact information below.

During your time of study with us, we will make every effort to make your experience at Rio Grande an enriching one by helping you accumulate knowledge from our vast academic programs, awareness of local and national cultures, and friendships that will last a lifetime. Here at Rio Grande we offer high-quality and high-value education to all students, foreign and domestic. We look forward to reviewing your application materials and having you attend our beautiful campus.

Scott Morrissey

University of Rio Grande
Allen Hall, Suite 103
P.O. Box 500
Rio Grande, OH 45674
Phone: (740) 245-7126

Postal Address:
University of Rio Grande and Rio Grande Community College
PO Box 500
Rio Grande, OH 45674

The University of Rio Grande has a rich tradition of educating international students. To apply for admission, international students must:

  • Complete a specific application for international students: online application, download (pdf)
  • If you are an applicant from Wales for the short-term cycle program, please fill out the application below. It will be sent directly to Jeanne Jones Jindra, Director of the Madog Center. : online application

  •  Official high school transcript or Graduation Equivalency Diploma (GED)
  • Official college transcripts (if applicable).
  • Submit a certification of finances.

International Student Resources:


This Office Also Helps With:

Financial Assistance

  • Financial Aid information for foreign students and ethnic minorities
  • Budgeting and banking
  • Certification for foreign currency exchange

Personal Advising

  • Academic and cultural adjustment
  • Emergency situations
  • Married students and dependent concerns
  • Roommate concerns
  • Liaison with career and counseling services

Immigration Regulations & Federal Laws

  • Extension of stay
  • Leaving and reentering the U.S.
  • Maintaining or changing visa status
  • State and federal income tax laws and tax treaties
  • Visa information
  • On-campus and off-campus employment and practical training at pre- and post-completion stages of study
  •  Social Security Card application